-“The body has an innate ability to heal itself.”-Dr. Fred Ragsdale, DACM, L.Ac.
Known for his calm nature, smiling presence and effective treatments, Dr. Fred Ragsdale, D.A.C.M., L.Ac., has been treating patients around the world for more than 10 years. His mission is to provide therapeutic healing by demonstrating the body’s innate ability to heal itself. Thousands of people from all walks of life have found pain relief, both physical and emotional, from Dr. Ragsdale’s gentle and highly-skilled treatments.
Dr. Ragsdale has operated successful acupuncture clinics in Shanghai, China; Phuket, Thailand; and Los Angeles, California. In Shanghai, he specialized in women’s health and fertility, and was successful in helping many patients with their fertility issues, pregnancy discomfort and post-partum conditions. While in Phuket, he was the team doctor for a variety of club sports including rugby, triathlon, and mixed martial arts, treating orthopedic and pain conditions.
- California Board Acupuncture License #AC13696
- Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine; San Diego, CA
- Master of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Five Branches University; Santa Cruz, CA
- Sports Medicine Specialization, Five Branches University
- One year advanced training in Western Orthopedics, Diplomat of Orthopedic Acupuncture Board
- Mental Health Clinical Internship MHCAN of Santa Cruz, CA
- Intensive clinical internship ZheJian Orthopedic Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou, China
- Medical Director: Phuket Raw Cleanse, Santosa Retreat Center
- Team Doctor: Shanghai Hairy Crabs Rugby Club, Shanghai Cycling Club, Tiger Muay Thai Boxing Club, Phuket Mixed Martial Arts Club
- Member, American Academy of Pain Management
Dr. Ragsdale has traveled extensively around the world teaching and studying the healing traditions of many cultures, traditions he now incorporates into his own healing practice. He loves reading and writing, coaching little league and spending time with his two children and beautiful wife. Dr. Ragsdale is always excited to introduce his neighbors to to this ancient and profound medicine.
“Although I take pride in the intuitive side of our medicine, I also believe in Chinese Medicine as a science and therefore think of myself not as a “whoo-hoo” healer, but a doctor steeped in scientific thought, both Eastern and Western, and an integrative approach to the body and soul.”-Dr. Fred Ragsdale